You cannot deny the fact that the brain is one of the most important organs of our body, which is responsible for several actions we perform. Due to the over-competitive and hectic lifestyles, we need to keep our brain working almost all the time. It eventually leads to stress and depression, and then it starts affecting the brain negatively.
Ayurveda and Brain
Ayurveda has a very different and deep way of understanding of the body and its organs. It mainly involves principles, which include the description of three doshas to describe the type of body that we are blessed with.
It has been said in Ayurveda that the three doshas - Vata, Pitta, and Kapha has an important connection with each part of our body. The brain is one of the most important parts, has also to do a lot with these three doshas.
Effects of Doshas On Your Brain
It is important for your body to have a balance of the three touches of humor because an imbalance of them can lead to various diseases and disorders in the body.
- An imbalance in Vata dosha can cause depression and grief in an individual’s brain and can destroy the mental sense of the person.
- Aggravation of Kapha dosha can slow down the working of the brain and can result in lethargy.
- Pitta imbalance in the body can make a person feel depressed, greedy, and fearful. The imbalance of this dosha can also cause other serious mental health problems in an individual.
Ayurvedic Herbs That Can Keep Your Brain Healthy
To strengthen the brain power and sharpen the memory, Ayurveda has suggested some useful herbs that can do wonders for your brain. Some of them are listed here.
- Brahmi - It is one of the most important natural herbs that is extremely useful in improving the memory and relaxing the brain, because of its anti-calmative property. Brahmi is used in Ayurvedic hair oil preparations, because of its several beneficial healing properties.
- Mulethi - This herb is suggested for children, youth, as well as for the elderly because it has some brilliant brain rejuvenating properties. It also improves blood circulation.
- Giloy - This herb is best known as the repairing agent for the dead brain cells. Yoga and other exercises along with Giloy consumption regularly can improve the oxygen supply in the body.
- Jatamansi - Ayurveda has identified this herb as an important toner for the brain. This herb is used in hair oils as well as brain tonics, because of its extraordinary It can help cure diseases such as memory loss, insomnia, hysteria, etc.
- Shatavari - This herb is easily available in powder form, and one can take it with warm milk to improve the brain power, and to get rid of mental stress.
Adopt Healthy Lifestyle Suggested by Ayurveda
Ayurveda always advises to include healthy and timely eating habits, physical and mental exercises, yoga, and Pranayama in your daily schedule to become fit forever.
It also suggests eating fruits, vegetables, and food items that are rich in nutrition. A Proper eight-hour sleep alone is a remedy for many mental health issues. Drinking a lot of water can detoxify your body as well as the brain, and make it work more smoothly.