Ayurveda is referred to as “The science of life management” because it promotes overall health and psychological well-being. It includes every aspect of life, right from everyday diet and exercises, to achieve the emotional balance and harmony.
Ayurveda focussed mainly on the five components - Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Ether, because our body is made up of those elements. These components play a great role in describing and understanding several physiological and biological mechanisms of our body.
Importance Of Face Mask
Face packs or face masks are used as physical cleansers by people, especially women. It helps them get the clean, smooth, and shiny skin. Ayurveda suggests using only the natural substances that are free of harmful chemicals and artificial colors.
Ayurvedic face masks mainly involve ingredients that are commonly available in our kitchen. These basic and natural substances can detoxify or cleanse the skin by deeply penetrating into it. These masks provide wonderful effects for a long time, that too without causing any side-effects.
Most famous Ayurvedic Face Masks
People these days suffer from problems such as acne, pimples, dark spots, skin tanning, aging, etc. They are mostly due to climatic conditions, unhealthy lifestyle, pollution, and improper diet. Ayurveda provides some specific face masks to treat these skin problems, and the most amazing fact is these face masks are pocket-friendly, safe, and provides brilliant results.
- Sandalwood Facemask - Use of Sandalwood is a brilliant option when you are looking to help your skin tone become lighter. Sandalwood powder along with coconut milk or olive oil can help retain your skin smooth and silky for long.
- Natural oils - Rose oil, Olive oil, lavender oil, Jasmine oil, and coconut oil are often referred to as beauty oils because they have the natural characteristics to enhance the beauty of any skin type. Application of a mixture of one of these oils with egg yolk and honey can protect your skin from several bacterial and fungal infections because these oils can detoxify the pollutants that your skin has accumulated from outside.
- Mint - Because of the cooling effects of mint, it is the best herb suggested to keep the skin fresh and vibrant for long. A smooth paste combination of mint powder, yogurt, and honey in equal amounts can be applied on the face, and kept for about 15-30 minutes to get the desirable results.
- Turmeric - Anti-bacterial properties of turmeric has made it a magic ingredient, not only for our improvising the digestive system but also for the skin. It has a wonderful skin exfoliating and anti-aging element. A combination of turmeric, chickpea flour, and honey can be used to treat several skin disorders, such as acne, loosening of the skin, etc.
- White clay - It is another outstanding compound that can do wonders to the skin if applied regularly. For the conditioning and moisturization of skin, white clay powder can be mixed with equal amount of buttermilk and honey, to make a smooth face mask.
Your Skin and Diet
Ayurvedic treatments for skin have always been accepted and appreciated by people, not only in India but across the world. Ayurveda provides deep knowledge on the inter-relation of the proper functioning of bodily organs, and their impact on the skin.
Consumption of leafy vegetables, fruits, liquid substances, aloe vera is believed to be very beneficial for the skin. Along with diet, physical exercises and yoga can help a lot to improve the skin texture and keep it unaffected by the harsh effects of aging.
Muniyal Products :
Mukakanthikara Lepa: For healthy clear and fair skin.
Soundarya Lepa Granules: Increases complexion and enhances beauty.
Ksheera Bala Thaila: Improves complexion and reduses pigmentation.