According to Ayurveda, a human body has three types of doshas namely Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. These three doshas relate to the air, fire and earth element of nature respectively. Everyone has these doshas in different proportions. The dominant dosha of the body needs to be treated by either medicines or exercises.
The Kapha element exists in the stomach. It can be increased due to various factors like indigestion, bad eating habits, Kapha increasing lifestyle, etc. When the Kapha dosha increases in the stomach, it causes boredom, lethargy, lazy feeling and dullness. If it increases in the joints, then you might feel cold joints, swelling at times, difficulty in mobility of joints etc.
How To Balance Kapha in Joints
To balance the Kapha dosha in the joints, we need to clear it and resend it to its original place, which is in the stomach. Given below are some tips that can balance Kapha dosha and give you relief from joint problems.
- Eating a balanced diet: To balance Kapha, it is suggested to have warm food items. The typical warm foods can be the Indian spices namely ginger, garlic, asafetida, saffron, nutmeg, cinnamon, turmeric, This warm food liquefies the Kapha dosha from the joints. In such cases, it is thus recommended to avoid the cold food items such as cold beverages, ice creams, and dairy products, because these increase the dosha in the joints.
- Massage: Massaging the joints gently with oils can give soothing experience to the person suffering from pain. It helps in increasing the blood circulation near the joints and thus relieves the Kapha from the joints. Make sure that you use herbal oils for massaging, and you let the oil penetrate the body.
- Gold water: Gold has healing property. Gold water is made by boiling gold along with water. In this process, you can use any gold ornament that you have and boil it in water. Please keep in mind that boiling will not damage your ornament.
- Exercise: Another important way to reduce Kapha from joints is a movement of the joints. If you do not move your joints properly, they might get jammed and become more painful. Thus, it is recommended to do some brisk walking, Yoga, pranayama, and meditation, in order to keep your joints in the best working condition.
- Ayurvedic Herbs: There are many herbs that can be used for pacifying Kapha Some of the recommended herbs are turmeric, Punarnavadi Guggulu, Ppunarnava, ashwagandha, etc. All these herbs are easily available and affordable. Using these herbs will make the joint movements smooth and you will get relieved from pain.
Kapha dosha can be removed from the joints in various ways, and you can choose the most suitable one for you. If you follow these tips religiously on a regular basis, you will definitely get benefitted. If you are facing problems in your joints, start practicing these remedies at once. The quicker you start, the easier it is to remove the Kapha dosha from the joints.