The importance of healthy eyes cannot be denied since the eyes are the medium that allows us to comprehend the world, and live our lives in a productive manner. There could be a number of factors that affect the vision and hamper our day to day lives. Some of them are short-sightedness, cataract, etc.
The stye is one such seasonal ailment that affects the eyes. It is very irritating and inconvenient. Ayurveda can be a natural, holistic, and effective treatment for Stye.
The advent of monsoon brings a myriad of infections and inflammations. Stye is an inflammation of the eyes that is common during the monsoon seasons. This can be characterized as a pus-filled lump or swelling at the edge of eyelids, or on the outside or inside of upper and lower eyelids.
The Stye formations can be of following two types
- The external or outer Stye - It appears on the outside of the eyelid. It's limited, red, short living, and it bursts before getting healed.
- The internal Stye - It appears inside the eyelid and it's comparatively redder and more painful. It can end up as a nodule or heal completely.
Stye - Causes and Symptoms
The Staphylococcus bacteria that lives on the body surface are the cause of Stye. It can be caused by any of the following conditions
- Hair follicle infection
- Glands getting blocked by dirt
- Incorrect food habits such as eating foods like pies, refined cereals, puddings,
The Stye tends to become recurring when the infection is spread by rubbing. Various symptoms of Stye are as follows
- Redness of eye and pain
- Swelling of eye and eyelids
- Irritation and itching
- Water or mucus discharge
- Appearance of lump
Ayurvedic treatment of Stye
A few of the Ayurvedic remedies that can be used to treat Stye are as follows
- A paste of Neem and turmeric for Stye on upper eyelid
- Ghee that's cooked with bay leaves, lemon and cinnamon can be used as a disinfectant and cleanser
- Applying morning dew on the lump
The patient needs to maintain an exclusive diet of fruits and vegetables. The diet should include fruits like orange, pineapple, peach, pear, etc. as well as nuts, grains, and cereals, etc. The effective Ayurvedic herbs are as follows:
- Kaishore Guggulu - A combination of Sonth or Zingiber Officinale or dry ginger, Commiphora Mukul, Curcuma Longa, Piper Longum, Piper Nigrum, Emblica Officinalis, Piper Longum Root, Terminalia Chebula
- Immunity boosters like Bhumi Amla, green tea, grape seed and Cow Colostrums.
- Gandhak Rasayan - Sulphur is used to make Gandhak Rasayan. It acts as a hydrant due to its moisture absorbing nature, and thus it is effective to get a young skin. It also acts as a Topical Exfoliate and removes dead skin. It flushes out the toxins, and it is rejuvenating in nature.
Ayurveda uses food habits and herbs to restore the balance of three principal energies of the human body that are Vata Dosha, Pitta Dosha and Kapha Dosha. Stye is treated in Ayurveda by eliminating the infection and healing the lump. Ayurveda also works towards preventing further recurrence of infection and keeps the eyes healthy.
Muniyal Product :
TABLET MUNIBEYOTIC :
- Possesses immunomodulatory, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties
- Stimulates phagocytosis
- Supportive therapy in antibiotic resistance