Ayurveda has specifically described three important doshas present in our body- Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Vata dosha is the one that has a lot to do with the air we inhale, exhale and utilize for the proper functioning of the body.
Our Lungs, like any other organ, plays a great role in keeping the body functioning properly. The oxygen we inhale is as important as any other substance that is required to keep us alive. In fact, the whole respiratory process is largely taken care of by the lungs. Hence, it is necessary to keep it healthy.
Impact of Doshas on Lungs
- An over-accumulation or imbalance of Pitta dosha can cause bronchial disorders, change of spit color into green, infection in the respiratory tracts and various severe related disorders.
- Imbalance of Vata dosha in the body can cause disrupted breathing, cough, hoarseness in the throat, and other respiratory allergies.
- Diseases such as hay fever, phlegm formation, swelling of glands, pneumonia can occur in an individual’s body if the Kapha dosha is unbalanced.
Diet And Lungs Health
To keep your lungs healthy, Ayurveda has suggested some beneficial treatments, and a few of those are mentioned below:
- Adopt the habit of drinking honey and lemon with hot water along with your meals.
- Make sure that you choose the right portion of food, which means according to Ayurveda you should take lighter breakfast and dinner and should eat lunch without being worried about the meal size.
- Ayurveda suggests that one must avoid consumption of excess oily food, meat, cheese and fried food items to keep the lungs healthy.
Ayurvedic Remedies For Fitter Lungs
Ayurveda has always given importance to the use and consumption of natural substances, especially herbs. There are a number of herbs that hold great relevance and hence are used in improving the human health.
Cardamom can be easily found in the kitchen and is known to be the most pleasant aromatic spice. This spice is a multitasker because along with enhancing the taste of food, it plays a great role to support digestive as well as the respiratory system.
Basil in one element that is worshipped in Indian culture and its leaves are believed to be the best cleanser for your lungs. Due to the antioxidant properties of basil, it is advised by doctors to consume it regularly.
Licorice is one substance that is used in various medicinal preparations because of the several health benefits it offers. Licorice being an antibacterial substance protects your lungs from various infections. It also helps to cure cough and lung congestion.
Use of Nasya oil can be very helpful to cleanse the lungs because of its lubrication properties. It can help an individual suffering from nasal congestion. Neti pot can also help in keeping the lungs clean because it eliminates the dirt present in the nasal passage.
Importance Of Yoga And Pranayam
Several yoga asanas that involve the exchange of air from inside and outside the body, as well as Pranayam that necessarily focuses on improving the breathing process, are advised to be adopted in the daily schedule because they improve the cleansing mechanism of the lungs and keep it fit for long.
Muniyal Products :
Tablet Munistamine :
Effective in allergic bronchitis, allergic rhinitis, pharyngitis, bronchiolitis and whooping cough.
Useful in tropical eosinophilia.
Increases resistance to infection.
For bronchial asthma in children.
Tablet Munibeyotic :
Supportive therapy in antibiotic resistance.
Possesses immunomodulatory, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
Munistamine Cough Syrup: For common cold, cough, and allergy.
Munistamine Plus Syrup: For chronic bronchitis and asthma.
Geritone Leha : Improves immunity, appetite, useful in chronic respiratory illness.