The liver is one of the most vital organs in our body, as it performs various tasks that are needed for the normal body functioning. In addition to producing several crucial hormones, maintaining the digestive system, recycling old blood cells, etc, it also works towards detoxifying the impure blood.
With the change in lifestyles, people today are becoming more conscious about their health. Since the liver is undeniably an irreplaceable organ, it becomes imperative for us to take extra care of our liver. From physical exercises to selection of healthy food, people are adopting every healthy habit that can keep their liver stay fit forever.
The significance of Ayurveda for your liver health
Ayurveda provides a detailed description on inter-relationship between organs, and how they help each other for proper body functioning. By looking closely to Ayurvedic principles, we can find that it has given a huge importance to the liver, and has also referred to it as a hot organ.
Ayurveda promotes the balancing of Agni, Doshas, and Dhatu in our bodies for achieving holistic health. It also helps in defining the complete functions and mechanisms of the liver. The diseases related to the liver can be prevented by adopting the therapeutic measures that are prescribed by Ayurveda.
Tasks Performed By Your Liver
- Purifying the impure or toxic blood. It is a complex process and it is being performed by your liver. Everything we eat or drink is monitored by the liver, and when it encounters with impurities it starts the process of cleansing.
- As the liver is involved in blood purification, it is quite safe to say that it plays a great role in the regulation of blood pressure too.
- Metabolization of several proteins is accomplished by the liver. It is also responsible for the synthesis of proteins.
- Production of bile is an important task done by the liver. The bile juice is responsible for proper digestion of food in a human body.
- The conversion of several things we eat, such as fat, carbohydrates, into glucose, phospholipids and other crucial molecules is one of the vital task performed by the liver.
Explore The Liver By The Means Of Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, there is a range of functions performed by the Agni (the metabolic fire) in our body, some of them are exclusively carried out by the liver itself. In the process of providing our body with necessary and useful substances, “Bhuta Agnis” plays important roles. It aids in the conversion of five basic elements - earth, water, fire, air, and ether.
Description Of Doshas
Pitta dosha and its subtypes are particularly described in Ayurveda, as they hold great relationship with our body, and are known to produce all the heat in the body. There are five subtypes of pitta dosha that include - Pachaka pitta, Bhrajaka pitta, Alochaka pitta, Sadhaka pitta and Ranjaka pitta.
All these subtypes of Pitta dosha are located in different organs of the body, but they all have an impact on the liver, in one way or another. We can say that liver, gallbladder, and these Pitta doshas are deeply connected with each other.
Help Your Liver To Perform Better
Panchakarma has been described as the cleansing process of the internal body in Ayurveda. Ayurveda has given a huge importance to cleansing and has suggested diet and therapies that can help your liver perform better.
Ayurveda has emphasized on the use of herbs such as Brahmi, Bhringaraj, Triphala, Kutki, Turmeric, etc. for a healthy body. It has also given a huge importance to Yoga, Meditation, Self-Massage, Pranayam, and moon bathing to live a healthy life.
Muniyal Products :
Tablet Muniliv : Safe and effective remedy for viral hepatitis.
Tablet Muniliv Plus : Potent liver stimulant.
Muniliv Plus : Promotes appetite and growth, corrects liver dysfunction.